Thursday 28 January 2016

Acceptance.....

Taken from : weheartit.com

Shortly after emailing my application to Dharma Yoga, I drove back to Vermont, all the while thinking "what did I just do?"!  I arrived home and decided to dig through some books on Yoga that I had purchased over the years.  One of which was the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.  I laughed a little because I remembered the time I purchased this back in 2003 from a little shop in Jackson Heights, NYC.  I remember flipping through it on the 7-train on my way home and finding the page with the illustration of Vastra Dhauti (cloth cleansing) and thinking to myself,  "NO WAY am I going to do that!"  For those of you who know nothing about what Vastra Dhauti is here is the Definition found in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika : "A Strip of cloth, four angulas wide (i.e. seven to eight centimeters) and fifteen handspans (i.e. one and a half meters) in length is slowly swallowed and then taken out, as instructed by the guru.  This is known as Dhauti."  I also flipped through to see other various illustrations of cleansing techniques and thought that if this is what it takes to be a Yogi, I dont think I can do this.  I guess, I still have to find out if I will ever do this, but this was my initial thoughts on what a Yogi is.
What happened over the next few weeks was just a huge wave of saying "yes" to everything.  I was in class in Savasana in Honest yoga and at the end of class the teacher usually says some inspiring quote or poem.   This day, as I lay there, I could see (in my mind) my teachers face and her mouth moving to the words of inspiration she was saying, only that her mouth was changing to various children's mouths/smiles/teeth and it was strange.  When we said our final OM, the teacher announced an upcoming training "Childrens/teens Yoga teacher training" What? how weird was that?   I felt a sense of excitement about the announcement.  I'm not sure if it was the full moon, hormones, or what, but I was thinking "Hmm, Kids Yoga, I would have never thought of doing that!" but here I am excited about it.  I went home and discussed this with my husband, who only encouraged me to just "Do it!" 

I received an email stating that I was accepted to the Dharma Yoga 200HR YTT in February 2016 and received the list of books to read and homework.    Accepted? wait! what? Will I be ready?  What is going on? Where is this leading me to?  Here I am also signing up for a Kids YTT.  I was excited and nervous all at once.  I had homework for both trainings and had lots of reading to complete.  I knew I wanted to give both of them my best attention. I guess this is when Yoga really needs to help, I needed to focus and have the ability to remain calm and not get stressed out.   I was worried about the financial, emotional, physical and mental strain and just hoped that YOGA would be the support I needed to get me through it all. 


2 comments: