Wednesday 9 March 2016

Training....

"Place yourself in others" - Sri Dharma Mittra
Here I am above with Sri Dharma Mittra on the last day of our Yoga Teacher Training.  I really cannot find words to describe the experience and the events over the course of the training.  I know others who might read this have taken this training at some point in their life and some who are thinking of taking the training.   I will speak of my own experiences and not give too much away for those who are still thinking of attending.

I arrived in NYC about two days before the training, having lived in NYC most of my life, it always feels like home to me.  I arrived a few days early to prepare for the training.    I have not attended many classes at the new Dharma Yoga Center location,  it still carries that same feeling I remember when I first found Dharma Yoga back in 2002/2003, the feeling of home, welcoming and warm. I attended a few classes at Dharma Yoga Center as a sort of warm up to the training, just to be sure I'm ready.  Everything felt right, all the doubts and worries I was having about not being ready, slowly melted away on my mat during the 5 Postures for Purification class, it probably DID help that it was followed by an extensive yoga nidra in Savasana, extremely relaxing and felt recharged afterwards.

Training began on Friday, February 19th at 6:45am.  Yes, it was early, beginning the day with pranayama, meditation and followed by discussion with Dharma Mittra himself, who could as for anything better?!  This day was filled with discussion, asana, lunch, meeting new yogis, meeting our mentors, and learning so much.   I felt nervous, excited, happy, glad I was doing this (finally!) and most of all it felt right!




No comments:

Post a Comment